Our life is a learning journey. We have learned so many things that we did not know before and we wished we could have turned back time to tell our younger self all that we know now.
We wished someone were there to share with us things we were struggling to understand. We wished that we could have known many things sooner than we know now, didn't we?
These are the 10 Pieces of Life-Changing Advice I Would Give To My Younger Self, especially Advice number 10.
I hope they are useful for YOU and may save you from spending more time figuring things out.
1. It is okay not to work yourself to the point of burnout to prove your worth. Success, money and status mean nothing if you are not happy. Take care of your well-being first before you can flourish in life. You are always worthy and you are always enough.
2. It is okay to say No to others, even your boss. A good boss will appreciate you and care for you instead of just chasing results at the expense of your well-being. It is time for you to move on when you feel you have to compromise your health and family.
3. It is okay to take things more slowly and enjoy life a little more. You never get a second chance to create the same moment again.
4. It is okay not to be liked by everyone. There will always be people who do not like you no matter what you do. Don't waste your energy and time to try pleasing everyone The right people will always love you and be there for you. That's all that matter.
5. It is okay to not get married or have kids at a certain age. Don't be pressured by our society perception of a "normal life". You only get married and have kids when you are ready, not when they think you are ready.
6. It is okay to be single at any age as long as you are happy. There is no point to be in a relationship but feeling unhappy every day. You need to be complete on your own before someone who can complement you, comes along.
7. It is okay to do things that no one understands because being different makes you special. Why blend in when you were born to stand out?
8. It is okay to not own any expensive and branded things at all. Those materials do not define your values. Don't live to impress others on the outside but suffer financially and emotionally on the inside. Money will never be enough if you keep living to impress others. Live simply and appreciate the little things that you bring true happiness.
9. It is okay to accept that you make mistakes and wrong decisions. Knowing your mistakes and weaknesses helps you learn from them and you should never stop learning and improving.
10. It is okay to lose out to your Parents even when they are wrong. Making good memories with them is way more important than being right. Chat often and spend more quality time with them whenever you can because they may have less time left than you think they do.